I have come up with a simple 6 point action plan to support my journey to a healthy body & mind & recovery from binge eating. I wanted to share this as I think it’s my most healthy & achievable plan, and I’m sure it’s the only way this thing is going to work for me.
1.Eat like a normal person, no restrictions. Eat when hungry, stop when full.
2. Join a gym & attend with support so that I can feel safe & comfortable so that I can use the the gym as a means to improve my mental health, in particular to manage anxiety. It is important to stress that this is NOT a weight loss aim but a health and well being one.
3. Improve my film collection as a means of distraction from negative emotions, eg sadness & low mood. I find films a great distraction, particularly ones I haven’t seen before.
4. Recognise early warning signs of binge behaviour and implement above strategies as coping strategies.
5. Create interest in my life to try to reduce boredom; eg join social or interest groups.
6. Maintain a regular self care & self love routine; eg painting nails, getting hair done, positive affirmations.